Khan’s London: Five Stabbings in 24 Hours, Including One Fatality

LONDON, ENGLAND - MAY 21: An armed police officer blocks the street as men charged with plotting the Hatton Garden jewellery heist arrive at Westminster Magistrates' Court on May 21, 2015 in London, England. Eight men, aged between 46 and 76, were charged with conspiracy to burgle following raids on …
Rob Stothard/Getty

A 20-year-old man has been stabbed to death near Ilford station in east London, the fifth stabbing in 24 hours in the capital.

Emergency services were called to reports of a stabbing in Cranbrook Road at 8:48pm on Tuesday, where first responders found a man suffering “serious stab injuries.”

Despite paramedics’ attempts at resuscitation, the 20-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene at 9:19pm. London’s Metropolitan Police have opened a murder investigation; no arrests have yet been made.

Shop keeper Rafiullah Niazi told the Ilford Recorder that he had heard two men fighting outside of the station whilst he was closing up his shop, and had ran to the victim after the stabbing.

“I ran over and saw a guy was lying on the floor – he was in a very bad condition,” Mr Niazi said, describing that the victim looked like he had been stabbed “hard in the chest.”

Two women and an employee at the train station were said to have attempted CPR on the man, but “by the time paramedics arrived he looked like he was already gone,” the shopkeeper said.

The murder was the fifth in London in nine days, and the 17th since New Year, and was also the fifth stabbing to occur in the capital in less than 24 hours.

In the early hours of Tuesday, 12:40am, a 25-year-old man was left in critical condition after being stabbed on Green Street in Enfield, north London. Three men, aged 24, 26, and 27, were arrested at the scene on suspicion of attempted murder, reports the Evening Standard.

Just 12 hours later at 1:50pm, police were called to another stabbing in Enfield after a 30-year-old man was knifed on Parsonage Road in the thigh following an alleged “altercation”; a man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.

At 4:30pm, police and paramedics were called to South Ruislip in west London, following reports that a teenage male, believed to be a schoolboy, was stabbed outside the station.

Witnesses told local media they had seen a boy in school uniform “lying face down on the pavement” outside South Ruislip Station.

The youth was taken to hospital where he was treated. It is believed that his injuries are not life-threatening.

Just two hours later, an 18-year-old male was stabbed on Victoria Road, Romford, east London, and was treated for non-life-threatening injuries at hospital.

Breitbart London reported last year that London had hit its highest ever level of knife crime. London’s Labour mayor Sadiq Khan, who has been putting focus on tackling ‘hate crime’ since he took office in 2016, admitted that it could take a decade to bring down knife crime in the capital.



Please let us know if you're having issues with commenting.